ORLANDO, Fla. – Southwest Airways remains to be working to get baggage to clients who’ve been with out their issues for the reason that finish of December. One part on the underside flooring of Orlando Worldwide Airport (OIA) remains to be blocked off for Southwest Airways the place a whole lot of suitcases might be discovered.
Prospects DeDe Smith and James Bullock arrived on the check-in space Wednesday. Per week after touchdown at OIA, staff have only located one of their three suitcases.
“This is the baggage. I am ready. Once I was up there a couple of minutes in the past, they could not discover my baggage,” mentioned Smith.
She’s unsure if the luggage are in Orlando and when to anticipate them, however Southwest hopes it is quickly. “We intend practically all baggage delayed through the current vacation journey week to be shipped or delivered by midweek,” the corporate posted an replace on its web site Tuesday.
RELATED: Many travelers still searching for lost luggage after Southwest Airlines struggles
Smith additionally mentioned when she will get her baggage, she plans so as to add an Apple Air Tag to them. The tiny gadget syncs together with your iPhone to trace the situation of the merchandise to which it’s hooked up. The gadget’s reputation has skyrocketed after journey and baggage points with Southwest over the vacations.
In accordance with Enterprise Insider, it is the third best-selling digital gadget on Amazon and Google searches for the gadget have grown greater than 5,000% over the previous yr.
Journey agent Jenn Lee mentioned it isn’t clear how airways might incorporate your Air Tag into its seek for your baggage, however it might be useful. “Extra about you having that stage of help to say, ‘Right here is the place my bag is,’” mentioned Lee, VP of Trade Engagement Journey Planners Worldwide.
To attempt to restrict baggage complications, she additionally suggests:
- Obtain the airline’s app to trace baggage whereas touring.
- Buy journey insurance coverage.
- Clearly label your baggage together with your contact data.
- If touring with others, combine gadgets between baggage so if just one suitcase arrives on time – every individual could have a bit of of what they want.
- Maximize your carry-on baggage, so you do not have to verify in as a lot baggage.
- Think about websites that can do additional leg give you the results you want in case your bag is misplaced. Some websites embody, “The place’s My Suitcase” or “Blue Ribbon Luggage.”
“With Blue Ribbon Luggage, you pay a payment, assure [they] will seek for you. They’re going to search for 24 hours. If they can not discover it, will refund you as much as $1,000,” mentioned Lee.
Southwest can be directing clients to its Journey Disruptions web page in the event that they’re nonetheless having points getting their baggage.