It’s no extra information that for some months, Nigerians can’t journey to Dubai straight from Nigeria. This due to the problems between Emirate Airline, the Nigerian and the UAE authorities.
In the previous couple of months, travelling to Dubai from Nigeria which was very straightforward has unexpectedly change into a nightmare. To go on this journey, you’ll have to undergo different nations and one of many best being Ghana and the Republic of Benin. It is because the 2 nations are our closest neighbours.
I’ve learn a number of tales about totally different points individuals have had within the Republic of Benin and Ghana. One of many fashionable tales was shared by Derende right here https://www.nairaland.com/6544747/30-days-sojourn-through-cotonou
Typically this month, A shopper contacted me to assist him course of a 3 months Dubai visa and in addition to plan his itinerary to Dubai through Benin republic. I processed the Dubai visa, booked the flight, then we headed straight to the Republic of Benin.
To chop an extended story quick, on his journey date, we obtained to Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport. The Benin Airport is much less rowdy, much less congested and looking out nicely maintained. That was after I obtained the shocks of my life. Firstly, nearly all of the individuals going to Dubai from the Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport had been Nigerians.
As we had been driving into the automobile park, I notice the general public doing bureau de change are Nigerians. We modified some cash and headed straight to the departure.
I met plenty of Nigerians on the ready space. You’ll nearly assume it’s one other department of Murtala Muhammed Worldwide airport situated in Lagos. Then the worst occurred, as we had been heading in, we noticed 4 Nigerians popping out, at first I assumed they had been coming again. Solely to get to the queue and we had been informed they had been denied boarding. I obtained extra curious, on additional investigation, I later obtained to know that they backdated the date they obtained in, not figuring out that The republic of Benin had modified their stamp. Unlucky for them, they backdated with the brand new stamp.
Whereas on the Airport, I additionally noticed one other Nigerian who was arrested on the airport as a result of he was attempting to board with a faux visa. I can’t imagine somebody would attempt to try this. I believe the individual he paid gave him a faux visa. He obtained locked up for some days. That is actually painful.
Then the final set of Nigerians that had been rejected both have broken passports or Worldwide passport with an image that’s not clear. The final units of Nigerians that obtained denied had been individuals who obtained late to the checking level.
Listed here are the most important the explanation why you would get denied boarding on the Cotonou Airport.
Causes Why Folks Have been Rejected
- Broken passport: Any passport with stains, an image that’s not clear, broken on any a part of the info web page is computerized rejection. Please keep away from any type of injury to your passport. Most people had been travelling with the identical passport in Nigeria with none situation. Somebody mentioned they’re doing it to frustrate Nigerians. LOL this I cant confirm but.
- Faux visa: Please all the time attempt to verify the validity of your passport.
- Faux stamp: Please make sure you all the time stamp on the border, don’t pay touts to stamp for you.
- Backdated stamp: YOu are presupposed to spend 2 weeks minimal on the Cotonou Airport earlier than you might be allowed to journey.
- Expired covid 19 take a look at: Please make sure you do your Covid 19 take a look at on time so you may get the outcome on time.
Issues to notice when visiting Dubai by means of the Republic of Benin
1. it’s essential to spend a minimal of two weeks within the Republic of Benin
2. To be on the protected facet, Ensure you stamp in Seme border moderately than Idiroko border, I heard so many individuals are having points at Idiroko once they arrive in Dubai.
3. Affirm your Visa validity on-line.
4. Get to the airport a minimum of three hours earlier than your flight
5. Do a VIP covid 19 take a look at. You’re going to get your outcome the identical day.
6. If you may get an agent that’s conversant in the route that will help you out. It is going to prevent plenty of cash in the long term.
7. Keep in a lodge that’s not removed from the airport
8. Get conversant in the terrain and an English talking cab driver. It is going to prevent plenty of headache.
Please make sure you observe all Covid 19 protocols, please attempt to do the best factor as a result of as soon as you might be caught they’ll make sure you face the legislation. Have you ever had an identical expertise? Please share under.